Having returned from a month long yoga training immersion in Bali, Sophie is excited to bring Traditional Tantric Hatha Yoga to yogafusion.
Tantra is the science of energy management. This ancient lineage based practice is used as a tool to still the mind, control energy within the body and cultivate the remembrance of the higher Self – allowing us to live masterfully, evolving, thriving, and serving the greater good with the embodied drive and passion of authentic purpose.
In this four week block of classes we will journey through the stages of Hatha yoga: Moon, Sun and Fire. Within each class there will be asana (posture), pranayama (breath control) and meditation.
Week 1: Moon (Chitta/ Mind)
Monday 8th October 530pm
Calm, ground & stabilise. Techniques involve twists, forward folds and building exhalation.
* Bringing calm to a busy lifestyle or busy mind
* Improving sleep and digestive issues
* Developing a sense of grounding, settling and stabilisation
* Improving concentration and meditation.
Weeks 2 & 3: Sun (Prana/ Energy)
Monday 15th & 22nd October 530pm
Enliven & Sensitise. Techniques involve backbends, lateral movements, namaskars and building inhalation. Use of bandhas and breath retention.
* Releasing stagnation and feelings sadness or depression
* Boosting energy, circulation and immunity
* Enhancing feelings of being mentally and physically grounded and calm
Week 4: Fire – access the heart of yoga
Monday 29th October 530pm
Techniques involve all asana categories including inversions and extensions. Tantric techniques including pranayama, bandha, mantra and meditation.
* Balancing and grounding
* Awakening higher awareness
* Connecting with the pure essence of your being – the divinity within
These classes do not need to be taken as a block – Come and try one or continue each week for more! We know you will love exploring new ideas and movements and will find something truly transformational within each class.
Available with your usual class pass, book via the app or website or just show up!
Please note that this class is not heated. Class size is limited and preference will be given to those who have booked.