This online workshop addresses the most common questions, misunderstandings and confusing bits about meditation. It covers the essential how’s and why’s of creating a stable practice. The course will be run over 3 weeks, online as a group. Included are:
- 12 pre-recorded videos
- 4 live Q&A’s and live guided meditations
- a course manual
- and plentiful support from Kate.
We’ll explore many different aspects and approaches to and also queries about meditation. Such as
- How do I quiet my mind and what do I do with my thoughts?
- What is the point? What is meditation for? How is it different to just sitting and thinking?
- I know it is good for me, but how do I make myself do it? How do I meditate consistently?
- What technique am I supposed to be using? What is the right way to do it?
- Am I supposed to be using guidance or do it on my own? And, how do I do it on my own?
In addition, the course addresses the struggles that Kate personally experienced as a beginner, and the mountains of wisdom and understanding that she has gathered along the way.
Kate is an Insight Meditation Teacher, Spiritual Mentor, Transformational Retreat Facilitator, Ayurvedic Yoga Specialist and a lifelong student of the Yoga and Buddha Dhamma. She has been a practitioner of Buddhist meditation for 13 years, and has sat (and facilitated) over 20 silent meditation retreats in the insight (Vipassana) tradition of up to 30 days in length. Kate is currently in a 4-6 year program to become a Senior Insight Meditation Teacher of Australia.